A Garden Amongst The Weeds

A Garden Amongst The Weeds

Monday, June 6, 2011

I've got it bad!

Spring fever that is... The weather this year has been unkind to say the least. Here it is June the 6th and its just beginning to warm up outside. The trend seems to be partly sunny mornings and a rain shower towards evening. I can live with that! My parents stopped by to bring me a few things for the garden. They've learned over the years to save all flower pots, broken buckets and anything else that can be used to stick a plant in. My favorite of the lot was this rusty old bird feeder. Mom figured I could dress it up a bit. I think it's beautiful just the way it is and it looks just right on the fence post where I'd nailed this old Olympia Beer tray years ago. Voila... instant bird dining!

Thanks Momma and Daddy! My birds and I will really enjoy this.

 Looks just right!

 Just look at the size of this pot!
Can't wait to see how this looks later in the season!

 My idea of Garden Art...
A Fowl Brethren

 Mom and Dad brought me a solar butterfly!

 And Dad still knows what does it for me.
A pot already filled with potting soil.
Here ya go he said, one ready to plant!
Thanks Daddy!

 Trying again to get the plants that Angelica and Ron
gave me for Mother's Day to acclimate to the outside.
Sure hope this pretty weather holds this time!

Until next time, Happy Gardening!









No comments:

Post a Comment