A Garden Amongst The Weeds

A Garden Amongst The Weeds

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gardening Over the Fence

At least that's what we called it back in the day. Once upon a time, a long, long time ago when my babies were very young and I was a brand new gardener, we lived in a little house in a little town called Sheridan. My next door neighbor Chris was also new to gardening and we shared everything over the fence. We set up benches along our fencelines inbetween the flowerbeds so that we could sit and talk, share a beer and a break, stand on the benches and hand over plants to each other and all sorts of other necessities. She was a sweetheart when she wasn't drunk... I miss her today.

I miss sharing plants and seeds and knowledge with someone as crazy about plants as I am and so, I am posting tonight with a request to you dear Gardener. Is there anything in my garden that you'd like to have? Seriously, I'd be happy to share. Perhaps you might have something that I have a hankering for. Tuesday and Wednesday I dug up a full rubber maid tub of Iris rhizomes. They are all trimmed back and clean and if there are any takers, I'd happily send them to you. Just ask!

I took a pile of pictures and will continue to do so. Keep my offer in your mind as you walk with me tonight. If we hurry we may have a few minutes before the skeeters get bad.

Firstly a question before we get started...
How tall are  larkspur supposed to get? 
This volunteer from last year is well over 6ft tall!


I don't think I've ever taken pictures right from the garden gate before, come on in...

Mind the poppies, they took a dive in the rain

Under the apple tree is nice and cool

Watch out for the hose, I forgot to put it away. Aren't the foxglove pretty?


Hang over the fence for a minute and get a picture of lovely Mt. Shasta

I'm perplexed by the weather this year and fearful the veggies won't have much time to fill out.

I've got chairs tucked into my favorite places to enjoy the views


And chairs that don't hold people anymore...

And wagons that can't quite roll

But the foxglove are really catching my attention. All that hard work really paid off with them.

And now they require no more than a little water and my undying admiration.

I'm so glad that rock border worked out so well and I'm so glad it's done!

I have two of these in the garden. I'm hard on blenders!


This columbine comes back strong every year, want some?

Ok, I know it's a dresser but right now it's a planter box and tool holder. What kind of weird crap do you plant in?

These guys are gonna produce so many flowers, Sweet William smells good and holds up well in arrangements. What's not to love?

Parting shot for my Sweet Aunt Lee. Little Linaria likes her new spot above the pond. She's blooming! And you're right, I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment