A Garden Amongst The Weeds

A Garden Amongst The Weeds

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Six Dollar Garden!

If you show up at my house, things may not be perfect.

Sometimes plants just fail, no matter what you do.
Like these ferns!

But other things surprise you and grow happily.

Like this beauty. A dear, sweet gardening friend in Hawaii, climbed a hill and dug this up for me and sent this poor thing bare root, in an oatmeal box. It took 10 years before I was to find out that it was not one, but two different  Hibiscus plants. The Hawaii state flower which is bright golden yellow and a lovely deep red one that blooms right through Christmas nestled near our woodstove while the cold winds blow snow over our mountain!





This fern was huge when I bought it last year. It hated wintering indoors!
Not the prettiest specimen of Oxalis, but this particular one is about 15 years old.
Anybody know what this is? My Dad gave it to me about 5 years ago. 
I haven't killed it but it's looked about like this for 5 years now.
That's why he gave it to me! 
Maybe if I had some clue what it was, I could learn its needs!



Can't wait to see what color this Columbine will be. 
It's a volunteer.


I need to weed, AGAIN!
This amuses me
I've named her Cone Head.
Peas and Cilantro, playing nicely
I love this pot




Yes, I know they're weeds but aren't they behaving nicely?

Cause everybody needs a Tiki Bar sign in their garden, right?
And where there's a Tiki Bar sign there has to be Tiki Gods...
This new garden is completely made of recycled or already owned crap.
I paid 6 bucks for nails and still have plenty left. That's it. Just the 6! Woo for me!
Thank you again Sue. This Rock tells me you love me every time I look at it.
I love gardening friends, don't you?

I'm thinking of planting Ajuga here, under and around the bench. 
It doesn't seem to mind my bare feet!

Maybe in the paths too?

I made a bird bath thing out of pots I'd collected and a broken fishing rod. I hope the cats stay off of it!








This was a good idea
Keeps tools dry!





My husband was looking over my shoulder as I uploaded these pictures and said, 
You know, you are very odd.

He's right, but I'm having a ball!

Happy Gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment