A Garden Amongst The Weeds

A Garden Amongst The Weeds

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Progress Gardening Beyond the Fence!

I can't figure out why I'm not sore but so far so good!

 Shiloh is inspecting the new compost thing! 
Kushy is making sure no birds eat that bowl of food I set out for the BIRDS.
He just doesn't get it!

 Before I started this project, I planted a ginormous pot of Pinto beans. 
I think every last bean germinated. Oh well, good for the soil. Even if no food comes of it this year, it all goes back to the soil. A win-win for me!
 Planted roses at each fence post. In time, I plan to do the outside of the fence the same way. 
Big, thorny deer barricade!
 I became up close and personal friends with this pot of Pintos! 
We've still more time to spend together today!

 As always, Comfrey is the first plant to go into the ground in my garden. 
Makes good sense don't you think, to plant your fertilizer source close by!

 Garden art thingy
 Kids toys look so forlorn once abandoned. I've got one in nearly every pot. 
This Oxalis is guarded by a plastic Cowboy. His brethren are standing in a row above the bathroom sink, making sure we all wash our hands! 
(My kids are grown and Yes, I know I'm a dork.)
 Coleus in a leaky pitcher
 If I could cinch a plow to the dog...
 Ok, well not this dog unless I wanna plow a flower pot...
 I love Garlic. I've planted LOTS!
 It reminds me of one of those gag gifts where you open one box just to find another inside. 
This is a gift that just keeps on giving. 
You can chop the green bits finely and eat them fresh in salads, 
the bulbs are delicious roasted. The scapes are used in fancy dishes. They store well. 
What's not to love? And just look at that rosy pink! 
Enchanting!
 Another day draws to an end. Got lots done! 
I planted Pintos by the ton (Still more to go!),
 Garlic and Baby Red Taters, as well as Comfrey and Roses.
 Nite Garden. 
Off to water everybody else and then find food for my Fire Dancers!
 See you in the morning, Beans!

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment